Our Commitment To Privacy
The Website and the App Are Not Intended For Use By Individuals Under 18 Years of Age
Our Website and our App are not intended for anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not: (i) use or provide any information on the Website or the App or, on or through any of the features available on the Website or the App or (ii) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
Collection of Information
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you so that we can: (i) provide you with access to specialized portions of the Website and the App (your “Instructrr Account”); (ii) notify you when App updates are available; (iii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize your Instructrr Account according to your individual interests; (iv) contact you to respond to inquiries related to the Website or the App; and (v) communicate with you to provide you with relevant information about Instructrr, including special promotions, discounts and newsletters. We collect Personally Identifiable Information solely for the purposes of providing these services, but may collect non-personal information in order to operate, maintain, and improve the Website and our services.
We will collect Personally Identifiable Information from you if you voluntarily submit such information to us through the Website and the App or if such information is transmitted to us when you access the Website or App using your Facebook or Third-Party Account credentials.
Our Website and App may utilize and interoperate with third-party music platforms such as Spotify and Apple Music (each, a “Third-Party Music Platform”) in order to provide you with access to certain content through the Website and App. To login to and use the App or access certain portions of the Website, you may be required to: (i) register with one or more of the Third-Party Music Platforms; (ii) provide us with your username and password for your account with one or more of the Third-Party Music Platforms (“Third-Party Account”) in order to link your Third-Party Account with your Instructrr Account; and (iii) subscribe to and/or purchase a premium plan from one or more of the Third-Party Music Platforms.
If you create an Instructrr Account using your login credentials from your Third-Party Account or your Facebook account, you grant us permission to access and obtain from Facebook or the relevant Third-Party Music Platform certain information associated with your Facebook account or your Third-Party Account such as your name, username, email address, age, gender, profile picture, your Facebook friends, who you follow on the Third-Party Music Platform, your Third-Party Music Platform playlists and library, the type of Third-Party Music Platform subscription you have and other information you make public in your Third-Party Account or Facebook account (including your geo-location). We use this information in order to facilitate the login process and to personalize your experience on the Website and/or App, and to allow you to access, play, and insert cues and notes into the songs on your Third-Party Music Platform playlists. You may be able to control what information you allow us to access in the preferences or settings of your Third-Party Account or Facebook account. We may contact you based on the information you directly submit to us or the information you submitted to us when you login to your Instructrr Account using your Facebook or Third-Party Account login information.
We may process your information in the country where it was collected as well as other countries where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Security of Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of Personally Identifiable Information, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personally Identifiable Information we collect online, and we make good faith efforts to store your Personally Identifiable Information in a secure operating environment.
You must also seek to protect against unauthorized access to any information that you use in connection with the Website or the App, and you should remember to close the browser once you have completed your activities on the Website or the App or if you have decided to step away from your computer or mobile device. In the event that we determine that there has been a security breach resulting in the unauthorized disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, we will notify individuals whose Personally Identifiable Information has been so disclosed as required by law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or through mobile platforms can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Sharing Information with Our Service Providers
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include postal mail and email communications, customer lists management, data analysis, marketing services and assistance which may include content and ads presented on other websites or mobile applications, credit card processing, and customer relationship management. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use such information for other purposes without our permission.
Use and Sharing of Information
We will release information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, in special cases, such as if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or the App or if there is a physical or property threat to you or others. We may also transfer user information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change. We may provide access to your Personally Identifiable Information and other information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or App.
On occasion, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you in connection with optional contests, special offers or promotions. We will share such information with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out the contest, special offer or promotion. Your participation in the contest, special offer or promotion constitutes your consent to such disclosure and use of such Personally Identifiable Information.
If you provide information to be published or displayed ("Posted") on public areas that may be available on the Website or App, such as Personally Identifiable Information or other information (collectively, "User Contributions"), that information is transmitted to others at your own risk, and can be collected and used by third-parties and by us without limitation. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Electronic Communications and Opting in and Opting Out
Cookies and Other Technologies
The Website and/or App may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of the Website and/or App. This aggregate tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the website and mobile application experience for all of our visitors. If you would prefer not to have such cookies stored on your computer or mobile device, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer or mobile device. However, by so rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on the Website or App. Additionally, we may use IP address information to count and track aggregate visits to the Website and/or App, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website and/or App. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, so while a particular user’s session can be tracked, the user remains completely anonymous.
Additional Automatic Information Collection Through The App
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
· Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
· Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
· Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
· Location Information. This App may collect real-time information about the location of your device in order to set the time zone of your calendar and/or provide you with events near your location. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
If you do not want us to collect Usage Details, Device Information, or Stored Information and Files, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Do Not Track Disclosures
We may work with third parties that use tracking technologies, including in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our services and other websites over time, as well as your interaction with our advertising and other communications, and use this information to determine which ads you see on third party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/ or http://www.aboutads.info.
Other Websites and Links
The Website and the App include links to other third-party websites, which are not operated by Instructrr, that we think may be of interest to you, including, but not limited to links to Instructrr’s accounts on various social media websites. These third party websites have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and Instructrr is not responsible for the policies or activities of such other websites. Please contact such third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
Disposal of Personally Identifiable Information
To the extent that you have stored, submitted, transmitted, disclosed, or shared Personally Identifiable Information to or with us, Instructrr will take reasonable steps to dispose of or arrange for the disposal of your Personally Identifiable Information within its custody or control by shredding, erasing, or otherwise modifying your Personally Identifiable Information to make it unreadable or undecipherable by any means if: (a) Instructrr ceases operations or (b) you delete the App and cease all use of the Website, and provide written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that if you utilize Facebook or any Third-Party Music Platform to login to the Website or the App, these entities may continue to store your Personally Identifiable Information even if Instructrr does not. You should contact Facebook or the relevant Third-Party Music if you would like these entities to discontinue use of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may invoke binding arbitration, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
Instructrr has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and to Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU and Switzerland. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact the European Union and/or Swiss DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the European Union and Swiss DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
How You Can Review, Correct or Request that We Discontinue use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to review the current details of your Personally Identifiable Information, or if you would like Instructrr to either change, or discontinue use of, your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App and/or our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 1 Chatsworth Ave, #966 Larchmont, NY 10538.
Legal Basis for Processing European Individual’s Personally Identifiable Information
The applicable legal basis for which we process your Personally Identifiable Information includes:
· Based on your Consent. In some cases, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your Personally Identifiable Information. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
· To Comply With Applicable Laws or Performance of A Contract. In specific circumstances, we may need to process your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a relevant law or regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your Personally Identifiable Information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing your Personally Identifiable Information to fulfill our contract obligations under a contract where you are a party, you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, you voluntarily forfeit the relevant contractual obligations that you are owed.
· Our Legitimate Interest. We may process your Personally Identifiable Information based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding the Website, the App, and our products and services. You have the right to object to such processing of your Personally Identifiable Information. You can inform us your objection by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
By submitting Personally Identifiable Information to us, you understand that this information will be transferred to Instructrr in the United States. If you do not want your Personally Identifiable Information transferred to the United States , please do not submit any information to us or otherwise use our Website or App or our products or services.
European Privacy Rights
· Right to Update and Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. You have the right to update your Personally Identifiable Information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com You have the right to request a report concerning what Personally Identifiable Information we collected and whether we shared any of your personal information with a third party for what purpose thereof. To request such a report please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information. You have the right to limit the use and disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information. As previously mentioned, you may opt-out from receiving promotional emails from us by clicking “unsubscribe” in the body of the email you receive from us. You will automatically be unsubscribed from future emails (although we’ll be sad to see you leave). You have the right to have us delete all the Personally Identifiable Information about you. You also have the right to have us transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party you so designated. Please submit such requests to email@example.com
How to Contact us
1 Chatsworth Ave., #966
Telephone: (914) 393-4920